Remember the popular saying, “you are what you eat”. A healthy food reflects how healthy you are on the inside. No amount of cosmetics can do that for you. Beauty has to start from within.
Your skin needs a boost from within to glow and look fresh on the outside. How do you achieve this? You need to eat the right balance of foods, in order to feed your skin the vital nutrients it needs to help it stay soft, radiant and blemish-free”, remarks skincare expert, Suparna Trikha.
Here’s a list of foods for glowing skin which will make you feel beautiful like never before.
- Avocado: Avocado is Packed with antioxidants like lutein and beta carotene, avocados help soften the skin as well as hydrate it if applied topically. .
- Orange: The peel of the orange, actually contains more vitamin C than the orange itself. The peel contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Using it regularly in face packs will give you clear and brighter skin in no time.
- Tomato: “Tomatoes are packed with natural vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, K, B1, B3, B5, B6, and vitamin C”, says Dr. Manoj K. Ahuja, Sukhda Hospital. But what makes tomatoes stand out in the beauty world, is lycopene, an antioxidant which has amazing anti-ageing properties. You can apply the pulp or juice of tomatoes on your skin to activate the lycopene benefits. And if this couldn’t get any better, the pulp of tomatoes also helps tighten pores and prevents pimple. It also acts as a natural sunscreen.
- Strawberries: Very rich in alpha-hydroxyl acid, strawberries help get rid of dead skin cells. Due to the presence of vitamin C, Strawberries boost up collagen production, minimize fine line and wrinkles. Also, omega-3 fatty acids present in strawberries help lighten the skin.
- Carrots: Carrots are powerhouse for glowing skin. It contains a large amount of beta carotene which helps to prevent the degeneration of cells, slows aging and makes your skin glow. The vitamin A found in carrot juice also helps keep body tissue, eyes, bones and teeth healthy. Carrots also have a large amount of vitamin C, which promotes collagen growth, reduce acne and dark spots.
- Lemons: Lemons are packed with vitamin C, vitamin B and phosphorous. The natural acids of lemon gently remove dead skin cells and lighten age spots. Lemon cleans the pores without stripping the skin of its natural oil balance since it contains citric acid in high amounts.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin have it all – antioxidants, vitamins A, C and minerals. Pumpkins are rich in zinc which is vital in the creation of new skin cells, and also helps regulate oil production, improve skin tone and reduce the appearance of open pores.